Below are some of the ministry partnership opportunities currently available to churches and individuals desiring to work with the United Methodist Church of Venezuela. If you are interested, contact Jon at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Tumeremo—eastern Venezuela—project: re-roof SS rooms; renovate interior, cut windows, etc. Pastor Cheo and Monica Gomez. Fly from Caracas to Puerto Ordaz; bus from Puerto Ordaz to Tumeremo (3 hours).
2) Puerto Ordaz—eastern Venezuela—project: renovate worship area--replace some roofing, do some simple re-wiring, painting, etc. Pastor Victor and Elizabeth Ramirez. They have a good children's ministry, so a team can be a wonderful part of that. Fly from Caracas to Puerto Ordaz.
3) La Concordia—central Venezuela, outside of Barquisimeto—project: children's home project; heavy to light construction, a zillion kids, and four missions/children s groups for Bible School. Pastora Yolanda Rivero. Fly from Caracas to Barquisimeto; van to Quibor (45 min.)
4) Boca de Garza—southwestern Venezuela—project: light to heavy construction on dorms for future mission teams; finishing work on small sanctuary; dispensing medical supplies; children’s ministries. Pastor Saturnino and Leonor Sanchez. This is a very rural setting. Team members will sleep in hammocks and travel much by river launch…in a beautiful area. Fly from Caracas to Barinas; bus/van from Barinas to Boca de Garza (5 hours +/-)…or fly from Caracas to Sto. Domingo de Táchira; bus/van to El Canton (1.5 hours); boat to Boca (2.5 hours)—this all depends on whether team arrives in rainy season or dry season.
5) Cabudare—central Venezuela, outside of Barquisimeto—project: children’s and youth Bible schools; community outreach through puppet programs. Pastor Jeremias and Elsa Lopez. Fly from Caracas to Barquisimeto; van to hotel (30 min.).
6) Buenos Aires—central Venezuela, outside of Barquisimeto—project: construct SS classroom for children’s ministry; hold children and youth Bible schools. Pastor Alberto and Cecilia Casas. Fly from Caracas to Barquisimeto; van to Quibor (45min).
7) Caracas—capital city—project: Bible schools for children and youth. Pass out evangelical literature and drug/sexual abstinence materials. Pastor Francisco and Elva Lopez. Van/bus from airport in Caracas to work area (1-2 hours).
8) La Concordia/Rodeo/San José de Tintin--central Venezuela, between Barquisimeto and Quibor--project(s): Renovation of day care centers...may include repainting, rewiring, replumbing; provide simple Bible school for children ages 4-6. Pastora Yolanda Rivero. Fly from Caracas to Barquisimeto; van to Quibor (45 min.)
General Project Hopes/Desires:
- Mime teams that can share the Gospel and encourage the youth to practice sexual and drug abstinence. This team (s) would be used in town squares, high schools, and church settings. These have been especially requested for San Cristóbal, Punto Fijo, Cabudare and Barquisimeto.
- Music teams to come and sing…both in English and Spanish (hey, if choirs can learn songs in Latin and Italian, they can learn to sing Spanish songs). These teams would probably provide Bible schools as well. Concerts in town squares, high schools and churches. These have been especially requested for Cabudare and Barquisimeto.