Monday, October 16, 2006

Philip Yancey Reminds Us of Why Venezuela

I received this following from a dear friend and fellow pastor:

Here’s a quote I ran across from Philip Yancey’s on-line journal and I thought about the seminary in Venezuela. Maybe you can use it.

“I read recently that 1.2 billion Christians in the world are led by pastors who have less than two weeks (yes, weeks) of Bible or theological training. (Philip Yancey)”

I appreciate Mike sending this to me since he is such a good friend and has visited the work in Venezuela. He has reminded me of why we continue to labor in creating a respectable theological seminary from very meager visible resources. What a great need for seminaries like the Wesley Seminary of Venezuela to be established all over the world! We continue to pray for God to raise up more laborers in this ripe and rewarding harvest field.

How I wish I could be spending this week with the class in seminary in Venezuela. They teach me so much! Together we learn how to be more faithful and effective in our service for Christ to a lost and dying world. Please join us in praying for the students, faculty and staff of the seminary. Remember, you can support a seminary student by providing a $1200 gift for a full year of education. Contact us through the address in the above masthead.

No comments: